Saturday, November 14, 2015

KIDS' ZONE

A segment that calls for no intro. Kids from everywhere in Delhi flowed in on all fourteen days from the morning and made the specially built stage unbelievably vibrant and colourful off and on. We took great care that every kid was left tohimself but felt at home and happy. They were feted with sweet chewables, cute little prizes and instantly generated participation certificates printed on designer stationery.

Most of the kids passed by my round glass drawing table and smiled at me. I was in buoyant mood whenever a child, of all people, stopped to watch how a caricature was made. Each time, I wanted to address small kid groups on the art of cartooning for 10 minutes. But the swelling mob and the lengthening queue of caricature seekers would never permit me. 

Each time, I valiantly finished a senior citizen or a kid on paper, I felt happy that the drawing along with the message of the Income Tax Department would sink into the heart of a family when it reaches a home. The drawing might immediatey dispel the incipient scares of the newly IT-initiated and persuade the parents to love a Department that cares for their weaker ones, for long long years ahead.... So I hoped !












No comments:

Post a Comment