Saturday, November 14, 2015

THE ENTERTAINERS - Rajib Sanyal, QUIZzing around....


Rajib Sanyal was flown from his native Kolkota just for this, for him, the fifth annual appearance in IT@ IITF in a row ! Exuding the same charm, unravelling newer techniques to dumbfound little quizzers to flock around him at each of his two shows on every one of his six days there, this bundle of energy added glitter to the show. The performance starting with a few paces on a solemn Aadithya Hridaya mantra note each time, flared up in minutes to become a frenzy with everyone as the filmi segment reached.  




Rajib remained the cartoonists' delight as he was last time. I made two 1-Minute attempts on him, one at the IT pavillion and the other at Vatika Apartments of the IT Department, where we stayed together these days. 


Rajib was magnanimous to have called me 3 times to the stage permitting me to do on-stage live caricaturing of those little instant quiz winners. I loved to stand on the podium for those few seconds, from where I could watch different responses from the staring eyes, to my speed and.... weight ..Hi Ho !


Rajib who considers the legendary Siddhartha Basu as his mentor has grand plans for the schools. Some day sooner, they will be realised, I am sure !



No comments:

Post a Comment